The last two years of E3 have been pretty underwhelming, I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that way. However, with new consoles coming to us later this year we got to see plenty of new games, and even new IPs. Some games were pretty boring(I’m looking at you, Ryse) but a lot other games look very impressive. One thing I noticed with a lot of next-gen games is that a lot seem to be going open world. Something I welcome with open arms, I love open world games, hopefully these games are packed with content, and easter eggs as well. For once in a long time I enjoyed a majority of the games, like at least 8 out of every 10; I was very impressed. There were three games that stuck out to me the most though, these three are presented in no particular order. Continue reading
Well folks, E3 is tomorrow and many of us are excited and worried about it. Will Sony fuck up as badly as Microsoft did? Hopefully not. Will Microsoft’s games outweigh their anti consumer tactics? Not in a million years, they can go on stage and say Fallout 4 will be exclusive to XB1 forever and I’d still tell ’em to fuck off. Also we’ll finally get our first glimpse at the next installment of Smash Bros, hopefully we also see the 3DS version as well which the the creator of Smash Bros has said he wanted to add RPG elements to that version to make it feel more personal so I’m be interested to see how that turns out. So, without further adieu here are the things I want to see at E3:
1. Sony doesn’t do some bullshit anti consumer tactics. – Do I really have to explain? If they do that I guess the only next-gen console I’ll own will be a Wii U
2. Pokemon Snap 2 – Seriously, with the Wii Pad? come on, it just makes far too much sense to not be in development.
3. Vita games – Not ports, not spin offs. Original games(like Gravity Rush) or new installments(like how Birth by Sleep is a main entry in the KH series.) I still don’t understand why Sony completely ignored the Vita last year, hopefully they don’t do the same this year. Also let’s hope they announce a hefty price drop and some bundles, It would be nice if the Vita picked up some steam so more 3rd party publishers jumped on board.
4. PS4 doesn’t charge to play online. – I don’t mind if that extra stuff is behind a pay wall but I shouldn’t have to pay to use my router.
5. Fallout 4 – Please not a modified Fallout 3 engine like what Skyrim used. Please, use a brand new stable engine that is also able to accomplish much more. Don’t make modders do your job.
Also none of the Microsoft exclusive shit, fuck that crap.
6. Steam Workshop like feature on consoles. – Seriously, mods are the fucking best. One of my top 3 favorite features about gaming on PC. I don’t know how it’ll work, but Sony might be able to do it with Steam’s own workshop. After all, we have seen steam integrated on the PS3 with Portal 2 so it might be possible, or so I assume.
7. New 3DS model with a built-in 2nd analog nub. – Why this wasn’t part of the original design and has to be sold as a separate accessory is beyond me. Touch screen cannot substitute a second analog nub.
8. A reason to own a Wii U. – I played a Wii U this weekend. It was garbage. I didn’t like it, games sucked(I played NintendoLand, ZombiU, and New Super Mario Bros.), UI was also trash, and there doesn’t appear to be anything of interest coming out anytime soon with the exception of Smash Bros, which leads me to the next thing.
9. Mewtwo In Smash Bros. – Why would you take him out in the first place? Whats next, going to replace Lucario with Zoroark or whatever Pokemon will replace Zoroark in the next Pokemon gen? Just give me the original badass back, please. Give him some actual good moves while you’re at it.
10. New IPs. – Sure sequels are great, but I also love some new IPs as well, I’m sure we all feel the same way about that.
Tomorrow I’ll post my impressions of the first day of E3, I might post different ones for each show or I might just do one at the end of the day and lump them all into one post depending how motivated I am. 🙂 Until tomorrow, friends.